Who are we?
MelWood Automotive Limited ("we", "us") is a company registered in England and Wales (Company Registration Number 7716429) and can be contacted on the below contact details:
Telephone: 01225 702415
Address: MelWood Automotive Ltd. Chapel Close, Melksham, Wiltshire SN12 7ER
Information you give us
You may provide us with information about you or your vehicle through a number of sources: the MelWood website, use of other MelWood services, use of MelWood digital properties (including social media sites), test drives, social media platforms and our main sales office. We collect and use your personal information (i.e. name, contact details and company details) to be able to discuss and provide our services to you.
The types of information that MelWood collects about you include:
• Contact information (such as name, address, telephone number, email).
• Information you provide directly to us such as personal interests and photographs.
• Vehicle information (such as VIN, make, model, year, date of purchase or lease, purchase/lease price, equipment, and service history).
• Vehicle data (such as general status data – warning lights, upcoming service schedule, service history and fault or trouble codes; performance data; and other data about the identification, condition, equipment, or collision information).
• Photographs and other user generated content such as materials that you may add to social network platforms.
• Data gathered by technology when you visit our website.
Sometimes we process the information on the basis that we have a legitimate interest or in administering a contract between you and us. Where your personal data is required for contractual purposes we are unable to perform our obligations to you under the contract without that personal data. We’ll only hold data for as long as is necessary to provide our services and protect our business. We generally store and process your personal information for no longer than 6 years, or for as long as you are a vehicle owner if that is longer than 6 years. We may use the information that we collect in a number of ways:
• to provide the products and services you have purchased or requested;
• to support your vehicle, products and services;
• to communicate with you about your vehicle, products or services;
• to improve the quality of our services;
• to operate the MelWood website and digital properties and customise the content;
• to comply with legal requirements;
• to protect the safety, property or rights of MelWood;
• to prevent and detect fraud or misuse of services;
• to maintain internal records;
• for marketing purposes to inform you about relevant services;
What happens if I do not provide my personal information
We need your personal information (i.e. name, contact details and company details) in order to discuss and/or provide our services to you. If we do not collect your personal information we will not be able to discuss and/or provide our services to you.
Who will we share your personal information with?
In the course of providing our finance brokering services to you, including assistance with a finance application, we will share your personal information with the relevant finance houses with your consent.
Transferring your personal information outside Europe
We will not transfer your personal information outside Europe.
How long will we store your personal information?
If you enquire about our services and do not proceed to engage us we will store your personal information to send you information about products and/or services that may interest you.
If you engage our services we will store your personal information for up to six years after completion of your service agreement with us. This is to enable us to refer to our records in the unlikely event that you want to lodge a complaint against us within six years.
What are your rights in relation to your personal information?
Right to access
You have the right to request copies of the personal information we hold about you at any time.
Right to rectification?
You have the right to request that we correct any inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
Right to erasure?
You have the right to request that we delete your personal information from our records.
Please note that we will not be able to delete your personal information whilst we are still providing our services to you. We will be able to delete your personal information once you cancel the service or once the service is completed.
Right to restrict processing
You have the right to request that we restrict how we use your personal information.
Right to object
You have the right to object to the collection and use of your personal information at any time.
Right to data portability
You have the right to obtain a copy of your personal information in a legible and compatible format such as Excel or Word.
How can I exercise my rights in relation to my personal information?
You can exercise all of your rights by contacting us on any of the above contact details.
How do I lodge a complaint about the use of my personal information?
You can lodge a complaint with us directly by contacting us on one of the above contact details.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO are the regulator who makes sure that we use your personal information in a lawful way.
You can lodge a complaint with the ICO by following this link https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or calling the ICO on 0303 123 1113.
MelWood Automotive Ltd. Registered in England and Wales Company No. 7716429 VAT Registered No. 121 3729 44 Telephone: (0)1225 702415 Email: email@example.com Copyright MelWood Automotive Ltd. 2019